We are offering a sign-on bonus, as well as $100/week you are on-call. On-call rotation for this site is usually 1-2 weeks/month.
JOB SUMMARY: The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at ALL times. This involves ensuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, staff, and visitors. It is the MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN’S duty to anticipate, identify, and correct any and all problems involving the property and to work with the Property Director to implement procedures that will prevent such problems. An effective program of maintenance is essential in order to:
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Cultivate resident satisfaction.
- Protect the investment of the apartment property owner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Conducts all business in accordance with the company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other state and federal laws.
- Performs maintenance tasks.
- Institutes and manages system for handling resident service requests. Completes work orders within 24 hour time frame whenever possible.
- Ensures that maintenance is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Maintains knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, and refrigerants.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions: i.e. broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, broken/burned out exterior lights, etc.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Instills a “safety first” attitude with maintenance technicians and the entire staff.
- Proper use and guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance or repair involving the following daily.
- Electrical and plumbing, including water lines
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Door and mailbox locks
- All types of leaks
- Pool area, tile, pool furniture
- Ensures that all make ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc.
- Maintains inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs.
- Identifies all utility meter cut offs, apartment and fixture cut offs, sewer cleanouts, and prepares maps indicating the same if necessary.
- Performs work area clean up and safety related duties Ensure that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Property Director.
- Position requires at least one year experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- Required to wear goggles when working with specific equipment, wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools – Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole digger, etc.
- Power Tools – Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids – Wheelbarrows, dollies, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders
- Mechanical Equipment – Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices – Calipers, voltmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment.
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works as part of a team, as well as completed assignments individually.
- Takes instruction from supervisors.
- Exercises problem solving skills.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors, Indiana Apartment Association events/training sessions, and also visit the corporate office.
- MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE
- Indoors (66% to 100% of the time).
- Frequently outdoors (33% to 66% of the time) all conditions, often for extended periods.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN 46260: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location